Behavioral Health Services
We all face challenges that seem overwhelming at times. El Rio is here to help you through those times and whenever you may need our support.
You will be cared for by people you trust who understand what you are going through. We are here to support people in our community and we focus on positive outcomes for all our patients. We hope you reach out to us.
Behavioral Health Consultants provide services before or after your healthcare visit. As a member of the healthcare team, Behavioral Health Consultants work together with your doctor and address many of the factors that may affect your physical health, such as:
- Challenges in managing chronic illness
- Barriers to making health behavior changes
- Stress factors that impact physical health
Behavioral Health Consultants help you to improve your physical health in the following ways:
- Developing simple health behavior goals that are the best fit for you and your preferences
- Helping you find the motivation to improve your health
- Learning stress reduction and relaxation skills
There are Behavioral Health Consultants at five of our El Rio facilities including: El Pueblo; Congress; Southeast; Northwest; and Southwest. Ask your Primary Care Physician about how a Behavioral Health Consultant can help you reach your goals for better health. Behavioral Health Consultants do not provide counseling or therapy but can help refer you to community resources if needed.