Our Mission is to empower the Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) with the skill set and support needed to become a competent clinician who is confident to deliver excellent quality care to improve the health of the community and to train the clinician leaders of tomorrow in the Community Health Center movement.
Our Vision is to create an APRN Residency Program in Southern Arizona that creates highly competent, knowledgeable, and skilled APRN’s to serve the medical needs of not only the population of Tucson, Arizona but to become the state model of APRN training that would provide and improve access to quality healthcare for Arizona’s most vulnerable population.
- To provide the new Nurse Practitioner at El Rio with the tools to help them feel competent to safely deliver high quality care to the patients that El Rio serves in the Tucson community
- To provide a safety net for the new Nurse Practitioner at El Rio to be able to learn, grow in skills and to be able to balance work and life demands
- That the Nurse Practitioner with the training and skills obtained through the Nurse Practitioner Residency Program would remain at El Rio and in time would be able to mentor a new Nurse Practitioner
- Every patient at El Rio deserves to be seen by a highly competent, knowledgeable and skilled PCP
- Cultivate a strong workforce to provide comprehensive, accessible, compassionate, quality care in community health centers throughout Arizona, specifically serving rural populations
- Provide ongoing training for our current nurse practitioner staff to increase competency and improve retention