Job ID: 2015-05
Category: Family Nurse Practitioner
Description: Seeking qualified and experienced Nurse Practitioners interested in working with our Native American Indian population. Monday through Friday, 7:00 am – 5:00 pm, no weekends. Please send curriculum vitae to Clinical_recruitment@elrio.org.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Ability to deliver comprehensive, high quality medical care in the outpatient setting, with an emphasis on ongoing and preventative health care.
- Ability to deliver high quality care to a wide variety of patient types including the spectrum between newborns to the adult patient, depending upon specialty training.
- Demonstrated competence in the assessment and treatment of common disorder problems.
- Interest in fostering physician/patient cooperation towards the delivery of care.
- Ability to manage general medical problems within guidelines.
- Ability to work cooperatively with assigned preceptor.
- Ability and evidence of competence in general office procedures.
- Ability to employ the problem-oriented method of record keeping. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consult frequently with assigned preceptor regarding clinical management problems.
- Staff evening or weekend clinics as determined by Medical Director.
- Maintain minimum patient productivity.
- Attend clinics or participate in special projects as assigned by Medical Director; be prepared to begin clinics on time, unless extraordinary circumstances prevent it. *Complete duties associated with medical practice, including required forms and documentation.
- Participate in an ongoing basis in a Continuing Medical Education program.
- Attend committee meetings as assigned. Membership will be required for no more than three standing meetings.
Quality Assurance Program:
- All Family Nurse Practitioners will participate in the Center’s Quality Assurance Program.
- Duties will be assigned in a fair and equitable manner.
- Family Nurse Practitioner licensed by the Arizona State Board of Nursing. License is to be maintained as current, on an ongoing basis.
- Current DEA certificate, renewed as required by law.
- Full-time position family nurse practitioner will work 36 out-patient clinical hours.
- El Rio is an active teaching health center with embedded medical student and family practice residency program with ample opportunity for clinical teaching.
Please send curriculum vitae to Clinical_recruitment@elrio.org.