Our Mission is to empower the Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) with the skill set and support needed to become a competent clinician who is confident to deliver excellent quality care to improve the health of the community and to train the clinician leaders of tomorrow in the Community Health Center movement.
Our Vision is to create an APRN Residency Program in Southern Arizona that creates highly competent, knowledgeable, and skilled APRN’s to serve the medical needs of not only the population of Tucson, Arizona but to become the state model of APRN training that would provide and improve access to quality healthcare for Arizona’s most vulnerable population.
- To provide the new APRN at El Rio with the tools to help them feel competent to safely deliver high quality careto the patients that El Rio serves in the Tucson community
- To provide a safety net for the new APRN at El Rio to be able to learn, grow in skills and to be able to balance work and life demands
- That the APRN with the training and skills obtained through the Nurse Midwifery Residency Program would advance to a position in a safety net setting after program completion
- Every patient at El Rio deserves to be seen by a highly competent, knowledgeable and skilled provider
- Cultivate a strong workforce to provide comprehensive, accessible, compassionate, quality care in community health centers throughout Arizona, specifically serving rural populations
- Provide ongoing training for our current nurse midwifery staff to increase competency and improve retention