Teen & Young Adult Services
Young people are powerful and capable. At El Rio, we know this and want to empower you to take control of your own health and make the best decisions for your life.
We offer a variety of teen and young adult-only services at El Rio Health Center locations across the city where specially trained staff and peer leaders can help you with your concerns.
Mission: Young people helping young people take control of their reproductive health
Meet the El Rio RHAP
AZ Shine Teen ONLY appointment line: Call 520 AZSHINE (2974463)
- What: a telephone line specifically created for teens and by teens to make scheduling appointments and getting information quick and easy
- Who: Teens ages 14-20
- When: Available Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 8:00 pm and Saturdays 7:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Where: Anywhere
- Why: Free, anonymous, and available whenever you are. The quickest way to schedule an appointment due to reduced hold times (less than 3 minutes). Schedule same-day appointments or appointments within 24 hours.
Free & Confidential Peer-led Walk-in Teen Clinics
- What: Walk-in appointments for teens ages 14-20 for no cost! Includes all methods of birth control, pregnancy testing, STI testing & treatment. FREE and confidential. Get comprehensive and accurate reproductive health information from your peers who are members of our Reproductive Health Access Project (RHAP)
- Who: Young people ages 14 to 20 can attend. Bring your friends!
- Where & When:
- El Rio Southeast Health Center (6950 E. Golf Links – Golf Links & Kolb) – First Wednesday of month from 2:30 pm – 6:00 pm*
- El Rio El Pueblo Health Center (101 W. Irvington Building #10 (Irvington & 6th Avenue) – Last Wednesday of month from 3:30 pm – 7:00 pm*
- El Rio Congress Peds (839 w. Congress) – 3:00 pm – 6:30 pm*
- El Rio Birth Center & Women’s Health Center (5979 E Grant road Suite 107 – Grant between Craycroft & Wilmot) 3rd Monday of the month from 3:30 pm – 7:00 pm*
- Why: Get any method of birth control for free, get STI testing for free, free rides to and from and are led by young people just like you.
Our new and improved SE location is now accepting teen appointments every Tuesday from 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm. Call our teen only appointment line at 520-AZ-SHINE (294-7763) to schedule an appointment. Walk-ins accepted but limited.
Weekly Teen Clinic (appointment preferred, walk-ins accepted if space permits)
- Who: Teens ages 14-20
- When: Every Thursday from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Where: El Rio – Congress, 839 W. Congress
- Why: Free, convenient, confidential, teen only