Teen & Young Adult Services
Young people are powerful and capable. At El Rio, we know this and want to empower you to take control of your own health and make the best decisions for your life.
We offer a variety of teen and young adult-only services at El Rio Health Center locations across the city where specially trained staff and peer leaders can help you with your concerns.
Mission: Young people helping young people take control of their reproductive health
Meet the El Rio RHAP
Free & Confidential Peer-led Walk-in Teen Clinics
What: Walk-in appointments for teens ages 14-20 for no cost! Includes all methods of birth control, pregnancy testing, STI testing & treatment. FREE and confidential. Get comprehensive and accurate reproductive health information from your peers who are members of our Reproductive Health Access Project (RHAP)
Who: Young people ages 14 to 20 can attend. Bring your friends!
- El Rio Birth Center & Women’s Health Center (5979 E. Grant Road #107)
- El Rio Cherrybell Health Center (1230 S. Cherrybell Stravenue)
- El Rio Congress Peds (839 W. Congress)
- El Rio Congress Health Center (CPC) (839 W. Congress)
- El Rio Northwest Health Center (320 W. Prince Rd.)
- El Rio El Pueblo Health Center (101 W. Irvington Building #10)
- El Rio Southeast Health Center (6950 E. Golf Links)
When: Scroll down to the bottom of the page for up-to-date calendars with clinic dates, times and locations
Why: Get any method of birth control for free, get STI testing for free, free rides to and from and are led by young people just like you.
Weekly Teen Clinic (appointment preferred, walk-ins accepted if space permits)
Who: Teens ages 14-20
- Every Tuesday, 2 p.m.- 6 p.m., El Rio Southeast Health Center (6950 E. Golf Links Rd.)
- Every Thursday, 1 p.m.-5 p.m., EL Rio Congress Peds (839 W. Congress)
- Rotating Mondays, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m., El Rio Pascua Health Center (7490 E. Camino De Oeste)
Why: Free, convenient, confidential, teen only
AZ Shine Teen ONLY appointment line: Call 520 AZSHINE (2974463)
What: a telephone line specifically created for teens and by teens to make scheduling appointments and getting information quick and easy
Who: Teens ages 14-20
When: Available Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 8:00 pm and Saturdays 7:00 am – 4:00 pm
Why: Free, anonymous, and available whenever you are. The quickest way to schedule an appointment due to reduced hold times (less than 3 minutes). Schedule same-day appointments or appointments within 24 hours.